Sunday, May 13, 2007

LifE iN A mEtrO….. hUH

Well I have been waiting for the movie since long. I had 2 reasons for that.

Firstly I heard the songs of the movie, and believe me they are just awesome, as I am a crazy for music, so here was something which was testing my patience.
And secondly I have been told that the movie is based on a novel, “That Thing Called Love” – by Tuhin A Sinha. Thanks to my friend’s for letting me know this, and special thanks to Ankur who even made it possible for me to read that one, as he brought it home.


This was the first ever novel which I completed in 3 days, that too without affecting my daily routine. (Was a tough job for me). Believe me being a novice in reading; it took a lot of dedication from me.


And finally it was May 12, 2007, the D-day and we friends plan to go for it @ Goregaon HUB. We got the tickets for the 7:20 pm show. The same day I got a call from a friend of mine (the only previously know face to me in Mumbai, I was looking forward to meet him from Past 6-8 months. In last one year I have seen him only twice) to see his place - Thane.


I had a quick lunch @ 1:00 pm (lunch @ 1:00 on Saturday is another very rare thing), and left for his place.Reached there and then I was looking to come back by 6:30. I planned to directly join my friends at the multiplex and not coming back to my place again. I left that place at 6:45, keeping in mind that it will take max 1 hour to reach and even I was prepared that I will miss some of it.


My friend's told me to collect the ticket from the guard and directly join them. I agreed on that.Then I decided to take a direct bus to the multiplex, for which I helplessly waited till 8:15. And then I decided that I will take another bus, not direct but then will take a rick from there.


I was almost asleep (which I guess every one of us is used to, when we travel long distances in a BEST bus), and Anshul’s call woke me and my first few words were “Don’t tell me Interval ho gaya hai”. He said yes, and my eyes ran to my watch. It was almost 9:00.


I tried to find out where have I reached, and after looking at some of the hoardings, I concluded that I have not covered even half of the distance.


By the time I reached Hiranandani, Powai, my clock ticked 9:30. I thought it would be better to go home and dropped the idea of even getting to see a part of the movie. So I got down at Powai, and took another bus for my place.


When I got down, was feeling like I am alone in this world, i remember a few lines of a song from the movie.

Rishtey to nahi, rishton ki parchaiyaan mili,

Ye kaisi bheed hai, bus yahan tanhaiyaan mili
(from the day 1, this is really true for Mumbai)


I finally realized that though I didn’t get to see the movie- life in a metro, I definitely live one. :D

8 comments:

kd24911 said...

It's very true dear.

Life in a metro is not possible to bound in a single movie.. We all living here are live and real characters of this movie which made it possible to have a unforgettable time of our life in such a big city.

I really appreciate your understanding and maturity with the city.

One thing i would like to share with you all is, anyone who has led some part of his/her life in metro has a clear understanding of life and the variety of people. It's been the subset of whole world where you can find samples of every type.

Carry on blogging..!!
Kuldeep

Anonymous said...

Hey t@mmy,

Nice to read your post again. I really appreciate your efforts and enthu towards doing things, to live life to its fullest, but at the same time I would like to suggest you that to get max out of something you need to find different ways of doing things, ways which are off the league and more importantly ways which are more efficient.

Buddy this is metro here you can't afford to make mistakes of this kind, like in this case u took a wrong route, may be if you could have taken a better route, you wouldn't have missed the movie.

Here you need to keep on learning everytime, otherwise you would keep on writing such frustrating blogs. Seems you have not learnt much from your first experience of mumbai.

In Short: "Your life in metro SUCKS"

NJoy!!

Anonymous said...

hehe...u had got my comments that very day...!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Dear Tammy,

Mujhe to lagta hai aapne yeah Blog likhne ke liye hi METRO movie chori, else instead of this blog you wrote about the movie MeTro... in your blog... cause as far as I know you are desperately waiting for this movie! to phir usi din Thane jaane ki kya jaroorat thii?????? Blog likhne ka bahana chahiye na!

;) Enjoy blogging and we all are enjoying it too! :)

Twistyhead said...

Well, life in a metro is quite absurd.
You can never predict what will happen next. All you need to do is learn to laugh at these little absurdities. :)

tAMmy said...

@Mr./Miss Anonymous
hello! i would want you to guide me the best route next time. plz disclose urself.. :)

@sakshi
i guess i am not that crazy(as of now) abt writing blogs, that i spend 200 bucks for the ticket and dont go for it. :D

@gayatri
you remind me of the song "Main zindagi ka saath nibhataa chala gaya, har fikr to dhooein me udata chala gaya". seriously i too enjoy doing this absurdness. :D These are the memories which will make me laugh atlest sometime.(if not now) :)

Rohit said...

Nice blog Tammy :)
you should try on some new ways blogging dear
You have a nice skill of taking people on a journey with you inside your blog. But i know you have many other skill to display in coming blogs.
:D

Anshul Agrawal said...

Hey... I've tagged you. Check my blog for more details...